For centuries it was widely known that mother’s breast milk is perfectly designed for her baby.
However, today it seems to be more than obvious that the benefits of breastfeeding exceed our expectations and the provision of ideal nutrition is only one of the numerous advantages.
In more detail, breast milk:
- Protects the baby from a really long list if illnesses (for example respiratory illnesses, ear infections, stomach viruses, diarrhea, vomiting)
- Protects the baby from developing allergies
- Reduces the risk of diabetes, obesity, and certain cancers such as leukemia
- Helps babies to feel more secure through skin-to-skin contact
- Is beneficial also for mother reducing the risk of some types of cancer and the risk of postpartum depression
Dr. Marinakis and his team support breastfeeding as all health professionals should do.
Our team consists of the highly competent Dr. Marinakis, qualified midwives with specialized training in breastfeeding and a skilled mastologist (if necessary).
We are on your side in order to give the best gift to your baby!
Contact for any further information!